While getting Lady Chatterley’s Lover for a friend’s birthday, I found a thin book on David Hockney and couldn’t resist. Thin art books are great because there is a much better chance that you will actually read them. This one is by Peter Clothier, from the Abbeville Modern Masters collection.
Above is a nimble description of why I love Hockney’s pool painting A Bigger Splash so much.
- David Hockney Cited as Christopher Bailey’s Inspiration (sixdegreesofmariotestino.wordpress.com)
- David Hockney: A Life In Colour (paulsmith.co.uk)
- Hockney (citizens-ofstyle.com)
- David Hockney (livydukesgcsephoto.wordpress.com)
- Our new 50th anniversary edition of Lady Chatterley’s Lover (thepenguinblog.typepad.com)