In the fifteen minutes
you claimed would elapse
before you arrived at my house
wearing a tuxedo,
I read Charles Bukowski
and saw the December boat parade.
Before you arrived, I heard blow horns
punctuate the salsa CD
spinning in my bedroom.
I read about Bukowski’s cats,
both of them,
and their sanity
in the late hours of the night.
all ten of them,
this eager to type
This Early in the Night.
- Charles Bukowski on Writing. (pensaleas.wordpress.com)
- Pic of the Day: Bukowski (sme-blog.com)
- Bukowski On Being Censored (noahsprojectblog.wordpress.com)
- Ham on Rye, by Charles Bukowski (eatingthepages.wordpress.com)
- Charles Bukowski on the Average Human. (pensaleas.wordpress.com)
- Pollyanna and Charles Bukowski (happylan.wordpress.com)
- Writing Is Something…, Quote by Charles Bukowski (silverbirchpress.wordpress.com)