In honor of Salman Rushdie’s birthday, I am posting two excerpts from his novel The Satanic Verses. These quotes hope to suggest how deeply Rushdie delves into questions of identity and language in his novel. They also hope to encourage those who haven’t read his book, to include it in their reading lists.
It is surprisingly silly and fun.
- Review of Rushdie’s “The Satanic Verses” (macordgj.wordpress.com)
- The Art Of Bravery: An Interview With Salman Rushdie (mermaidssinging.wordpress.com)
- Rachel Riederer: Salman Rushdie’s Happy Irreligion (guernicamag.com)
- The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie (rosemarysbookreview.wordpress.com)
- Salman Rushdie and Deepa Mehta discuss the magic of ‘Midnight’s Children’ (kansascity.com)
- Salman Rushdie bequeaths ‘Midnight’s Children’ to film (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Salman Fishing and a Lemon (nasseronmars.com)